"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" - Hippocrates

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Lunch: Greek Style Chicken Pita

I love Greek food, especially gyros with tzatziki sauce. I don't know of any Greek restaurants in the Lakeland area so I decided to find a recipe and make it at home. I found this recipe from Cooking Light and modified it a bit.
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1687639


The recipe called for 4 but I modified it for 1.
1 whole wheat pita (I found Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran, & Whole Wheat pitas at Walmart- they are only 60 calories each!)
3 oz of leftover chicken breast (the size of a deck of cards)
2 small chopped plum tomatoes (from my garden)
6 cucumber slices
handful of spinach leaves


tzatziki sauce
1/4 cup of Greek yogurt, plain
1/8 cup feta cheese crumbles
1/8 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp lemon juice
sprig of mint leaves (from my garden)
1/4 tsp garlic, chopped
Mix together and spread on pita. Top with chicken, spinach, tomatoes, and cucumbers. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment